It all started when I bought a Garmin GPS 10
(a cute little BT GPS) and all software I got just wasn't what I expected.
It either lacked maps for my country or functionality.
And so my little hobby project started.
- Download maps from Google Earth and Local.Live
- Background downloading.
- Map caching.
- Background loading.
- NMEA 0183 GPS communication
- Track drawing
- Track logging
- Track comparing
- Display small lower zoom map
- Battery status
- Prevent device from entering standby mode
- Send senzon initialization information for GARMIN
- Show GPS battery status (if possible, not looking good thought)
- Toggle between Google Earth and Local.Live mode.
- Maybe a joint mode.
I also wrote a PC helper application with selectable map downloading feature.